Sonic toothbrushes are the most advanced, best cleaning brushes on the market. When a person wants to ensure that their teeth are clean and that they maintain a high level of dental hygiene, there is nothing better than a sonic brush. We have searched high and low to find the top brush that money can buy.
Top 3 Best Sonic Toothbrush
Based on our research, prices, features and opinions, we have narrowed down our list to the 3 best sonic toothbrushes on the market.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean
The DiamondClean model is the top sonic brush you can buy and has many positive reviews to back these claims. Those that want whiter teeth without the hassle will choose the DiamondClean above any other product on the market. This is as good as it gets and the main benefits couldn’t get any better than this:
- Whitening – In just 1 week, a user’s teeth will be visibly whiter and healthier.
- Gum Health – In 2 weeks’ time, a person’s gums will be much cleaner and healthier.
- Double Plaque Removing – Hard to reach places are always packed with plaque and lead to cavities and bad dental hygiene. With double the cleaning power of a manual brush, a person will be able to remove more plaque from the hard-to-reach back molars and teeth.
- Timer – A 30 second timer alerts users when they have brushed the current quadrant of their mouth adequately and should proceed to the next region.
- Multiple colors – You can choose between white and black.
The DiamondClean package also comes with everything a person needs to fully ensure that they can start using this product immediately. A convenient charger glass and USB charging case are included as well as the Sonicare DiamondClean and respective heads.
With the specialized cleaning modes for teeth whitening and sensitive teeth, this is the most advanced product that boasts sonicare cleaning. While this brush is more expensive than its counterparts, it is simply unmatched when it comes to features and price.
Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum
*This product is currently unavailable at Amazon.
The HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum is the runner up and has many of the great features that the DiamondClean has but comes with a lower cost. While this brush is not as advanced as its counterpart, it is still a viable product that packs immense cleaning power.
- Cleaner Teeth – Each minute, users are utilizing 31,000 brush strokes to ensure that they never have plaque on their teeth.
- Between Teeth Cleaning – Remove up to 7 times the plaque that is often stuck between teeth. This far exceeds the level of cleaning that a manual brush provides. Aside from flossing, it is virtually impossible to remove this much plaque in such a short time.
- Modes – Brushing habits are catered to with 3 brushing modes for regular cleaning, whitening and also sensitive teeth.
- Healthier Gums – Just like its counterpart, statistics show that users will enjoy healthier gums in only two weeks. Those with gingivitis will find this extremely helpful.
Users that want a modern sonic device that is moderately priced and still provides an adequate cleaning will find the Flexcare Platinum to be perfect. It has the cleaning power of the DiamondCare, but lacks some useful modes and features. If you can live without these extras, this is the right choice for you.
Philips Sonicare HX6921/02 Flexcare Plus
Want a great sonic toothbrush, but are on a strict budget? The HX6921/02 is the cheapest model in our top 3, but it is still a product that will leave a user with pristine dental hygiene. While some of the features may be missing that users deem as “must-have,” this is still the ideal choice for many. In fact, the following benefits can be seen with prolonged use:
- Healthier Gums – Reduce inflammation, recession and bleeding within 2 weeks of usage.
- Plaque Removal – Users can expect double the plaque removal of a manual brush and will have teeth that are cleaned to perfection after each use.
- 5 Modes – Not only can this brush clean teeth adequately, but it also comes with 5 modes to ensure healthy gums and brighter teeth. Switching between modes allows users to control the cleaning provided.
The Flexcare Plus provides more than enough features to compete with the best models on the market, but boasts a lower cost. While this model may not be as beneficial as the DiamondCare or the Flexcare Platinum, it is still able to provide 31,000 brush strokes a minute and cleaner teeth. For the budget-friendly shopper, this is priced just right.
Click Here to Check Current Price
Sonic Technology Benefits
Sonic Technology is the power behind the Sonicare line of electric toothbrushes and is a major benefit to all users. Sonic Technology is the utilization of 31,000 brush strokes in a mere minute. These strokes are provided using a combination of mouth-contouring brush heads that ensure users can get to hard to reach areas of the mouth when brushing. Backed by clinical studies, this technology has proven to be highly effective in the fight against tartar, plaque and gum disease.
There are dozens of benefits when using Sonicare products that include this patented technology. The most pertinent benefits included the following:
Proven to Work by Over 50 University Studies
Philips has had this technology examined and researched by over 50 clinical studies. Each study was done by a research institute that examined the state of a test subject’s teeth before and after using Sonic Technology.
All of these studies uses a Sonicare electric toothbrush during their trials. Every study came back with a seal of approval noticing a major reduction in:
Extended studies noticed that teeth started to become whiter over time and that gum disease and gingivitis was no long an issue.
Plaque Removal Power
Utilizing the DiamondClean electric toothbrush, the removal of plaque versus a manual toothbrush is simply unmatched. Using the same cleaning duration, users were found to remove 5 times more plaque with Sonicare than that of a manual toothbrush. This study occurred over a 4 week period.
Removing more plaque leads to overall better oral hygiene and reduces the risk of tooth decay.
*You can find here our top 3 electric toothbrush for plaque removal.
Gingivitis and Gingival Bleeding
The fight against gingivitis is one that is lifelong. Dentists that have used manual toothbrushes before have noted a severe reduction in gingivitis when Sonicare was introduced. This reduction, when tested, showed that Sonicare products were able to reduce gingivitis by twice the amount of a manual toothbrush over a 4 week period.